3/02/2013

my morning favorites


I thought I would make a post on my daily makeup routine. While my green tea is cooling down, I prepare my daily face to get the day started. I'm still in the process of getting into makeup and plan on getting proper tools to apply them (I currently use EcoTools and this $3.99 concealer brush from Target...not good, haha)

Benefit Erase Paste in No. 1 Fair

I've used multiple concealers and I've got to say, this is my favorite by far. I used to use the MAC concealer in the pots but it didn't fit well with my skin. I have combination skin and my skin just chooses to either be oily or dry on random days, it's actually kind of annoying. This hydrates my under-eye circles, so it won't flake, as well as conceal my spots. I apply this after my Kiehl's Tinted Moisturizer with a concealer brush. 

E.L.F. Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder in Sunkissed

I remember freaking out that my local Target had E.L.F. products. It's incredibly affordable and I was hesitat about bronzer at this point. I have really pale skin and I was worried that any type of bronzer would make me look like an oompa-loompa. I decided to try this shade out since many Youtube gurus seem to enjoy it. I like how you can increase the color with each coat, and now I can never go without bronzer. I think I might move on to a better bronzer though, maybe Benefit's Hoola Bronzer? I apply this after the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blends with a blush brush. 

NARS Blush in Orgasm

This was lovely gift from my lovely friend, Julia. I was always hesitant about this blush because it seemed incredibly pink. As mentioned, my skin is incredibly pale, so I was worried that this would make me look too flushed. Surprisingly, it was perfect for my skin. I love how build-able the color is, like the E.L.F. bronzer, and gives me a nice flushed look (subtle, thought). I apply this after I apply E.L.F. Bronzer in Sunkissed with the same brush, sadly haha. 

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blends Oil-Control Powder in clean 10

This is my lifesaver at times. I have some days where my skin is super oily and this powder helps me look matte without looking like I caked on powder. It's used for oil-control which helps out even more. I didn't want to go straight towards a powder because I thought it would make my face look cake-y. So, I chose this translucent powder. I apply this after Benefit's Erase Paste with the brush it comes with (I need to get another brush...)

Maybelline Line Stilleto in Blackest Black

I saw that DulceCandy tried this out and thought, why not? I was using the L'oreal Precision liquid liner but I noticed that it ran out way too quick. I guess it dried out? Anyways, I wanted a really black eyeliner and that is exactly what I got. The precision is great and so easy to get that cat-eye liner look. I apply this after I apply a thin coat of MAC's Rice Paper

MAC Eyeshadow in Ricepaper

I'm pretty sure everyone knows this eyeshadow. I wanted a nude but shimmery eyeshadow to put on my eyelids before I applied my eyeliner. I saw that BeautyCrush used this in all of her natural looks so I decided to pick it up. I love how subtle it is and it's perfect for school. I apply this before I apply my liner. 

L'oreal Telescopic Mascara in Blackest Black

This was also something I picked up because of BeautyCrush, haha. She mentioned how she had sparse lashes and loved how this lengthened and gave a little volume, which is exactly what I look in my mascara. This definitely lengthens. When I was applying the first coat, I thought I had a magic wand that magically lengthened my short lashes. I only apply two coats and then use a lash brush to organize the lashes. If you apply more than two, I found that it clumps a little. 

My makeup routine is pretty simple, as of now. I plan on getting more and maybe experiement with other brands and techniques. Definitely getting proper tools too, haha. 

find me on: tumblr | twitter | @blandior on instagram | bloglovin'

What're your makeup favorites?

15 comments:

  1. Great routine! :)

    xx MJ
    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love the blush!Pink always looks good with highlighter on top!! - It would be great if you could check out my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love telescopic mascara, maybelline liner and orgasm blush.
    i bet you look pretty with your face all done up :)

    I have an International group giveaway running with a $170 cash prize! Check it out >>Here<<

    BreezeyBee Blog
    xoXo

    ReplyDelete
  4. My makeup is simple too....its better :)

    www.mywildmess.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, i really want to try out the NARS blush!
    And this looks like a great routine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I defo love simple makeup, low maintenance and more natural :)
    besides, I'm too lazy to spend too much time on my makeup haha

    Great post :)

    http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post, its full of beauty goodies and I can see why they have made it into your morning favourites! The NARS blush looks super pretty and just the perfect shade for spring. I'm still wanting to try the L'Oreal telescopic mascara but am currently using their volume million lashes one and it is amazing! Fab post xx

    Miss Sunshine Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooohh I want to raid your makeup bag

    Please come and check out my latest post if you have a few minutes spare :)

    p.s. I’ve given the blog a bit of a face lift!

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all so much! xoxo jenny

    ReplyDelete
  10. That telescopic mascara will always be one of my faves. And Erase Paste is the best :D x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice :)



    Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com

    Coline ♡

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love reading about other people's make up routines. It always gives me ideas for myself and new products that I should try. I love this blog post, it's so informative and I think i'm going to have to try the erase paste as concealers are my thing but i've always thought it is a little pricey. You have persuaded me :D

    http://stephellis531.blogspot.co.uk/

    Steph xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey! Great post, I just came across your blog and I love it! It would be amazing if you could visit my blog too. We can also follow each other if you like! :)

    www.malefashionuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nars Orgasm blush is such a beautiful color, definitely a great beauty staple!

    //Birdie Shoots//

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing :)

    http://melodylokm.blogspot.hk

    ReplyDelete